History was made today (Saturday) in Yilo when the Konor of Yilo Klo, Oklepemɛ Nuer Anorbaah Sasraku II, Chiefs, and people successfully organized the Grand Durbar in pomp and pageantry to mark the climax of the Silver Jubilee celebrations of this years Kloyosikplem festival.
The grand durbar which was massively attended saw a display of the rich Krobo culture and tradition.
THE KONOR’S SPEECH
The Konor, Oklepemɛ Nuer Anorbaah Sasraku II, thanked all who played diverse roles in his installation as Konor for the Traditional area, and all who also made it possible for this year’s festival to come on succesfully and peacefully.
The festival is celebrated annually as a rememberance of the forceful eviction of the Krobos from the Krobo Mountain in 1892.
Below are some of the speeches (verbatim) made by the Konor:
1. ”We have no place to go apart from Yilo. Lets all come together to develop Yilo Klo. We will live in peace, and develop Yilo Klo.”
2. ”I will not disappoint Yilo Klo in my reign as Konor of Yilo Klo. I pray to God to enable me to always humble myself in my reign as Konor, and also listen more to Him God for directions, and also listen to my people.”
3. Yilo Klo will no more go to Government begging Government to come and develop Yilo Klo for us. If they like they can come and develop Yilo Klo for us. We are not beggars. Yilo is not poor. We have given Yilo Klo just three years, and lets see how Yilo Klo will develop
4. ” Let us see each other as one people. And lets move Yilo Klo forward.
I dont keep people’s wrong doing against me in my heart. I have no issues or problems with Nene Odonkor Tuumeh as some people wants to suggest. He is my father. He is far older than me. He can give birth to me. If he is ready to see me as his son, am also ready to see him as my father. I give him respect and honour.
5. I also see Naana Korlekuor Adjardo II, the Paramount Queen mother, as my mother. And she is my mother. She can also give birth to me. If she is ready to see me as his son, am also ready to see her as my mother. And we will live together as Mother and son. I give her my respect and honour.
All Chiefs and queen mothers who have gone into the backgrounds must come on board so that together, we drive Yilo Klo forward.
1. Representatives from the Manya-Klo Traditional Council were fully present at the festival. Leading the delegation from Manya-Klo was the State Linquist, Otsame Narh Huapoyu II.
2. The MCE for Yilo Klo (Ebenezer Kupualor) and the MCE for Lower Manya-Klo (Simon Kweku Tetteh) were both present
3.The Ogomɛ Matsɛ, Ohɛohe Aklo Saki III was also present
4. Reps from Shai (Sɛ) Traditional Area were also present. The Dodowa Numɛsi Divisional Chief, Okukrubuo, was present
5. Today is also the Konor’s birthday. A champagne was therefore popped to mark the day. Popping the Champaigne were the the MCES of Yilo Krobo (Kupualor) and Lower Manya-Krobo (Simon Kweku).
The Chief from Shai, Okrukubuɔ, led the singing of the happy birthday song
6. Head of Delegation from Manya-Klo Traditional Area, the State Linguist Otsame Narh Huapoyu II, delivered the well-wish message from the Konor of Manya-Klo, Nene Sakite. The Manya-Klo delegation also presented their donations to the festival planning Committee.
It will be recalled that, during the Ngmayem festival, the Yilo Paramountcy also send a delegation to the Ngmayem festival and they also made donations.
MISS YILO @25
Meanwhile, the Miss Yilo Beauty Pageant is coming on live and coloured this evening at 7pm at the Havannah Complex. 5 beautiful Krobo ladies are contesting for the crown and the goodies. Our Krobo astute musicians will be rocking the house with music to keep fans glued to their seats.
Source: Kloma Hengme